Making Chocolate Covered Strawberries is Easy
It is February, and it is time to be romantic! There is nothing more romantic than eating some chocolate covered strawberries.
If your partner absolutely loves chocolate covered strawberries, rather than spending all that money on buying them at a fancy store I have good news for you – it is pretty easy to make them at home. They come out just as delicious, and you can have them made in under twenty minutes.
I make my wife chocolate strawberries so often I have products that I like to use and a simple method to make them that I am going to share with you.
As always, you can modify this recipe and how to guide to suit you. This is the way that works best for me after much trial and error.
For instance, I found that the best brand of chocolate to make chocolate covered strawberries is Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips – they come in a gold bag.
I could not figure out how to make them on the stovetop. The strawberries would come out all wrong, or I would burn the chocolate. That is why I recommend using a melting pot – it ended up being a good investment because making these chocolate treats are my secret weapon to keeping my significant other in an excellent mood! Plus, the melting pot warms up the chocolate perfectly.
Stuff You Need to Make Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Chocolate – Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Shredded Dried Coconut
- Almonds Sliced
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Press’nSeal Food Plastic Wrap
- Wilton Candy Melts Candy Melting Pot
How to Make Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Wash the strawberries and let them dry
- Turn on the melting pot and let it warm up (follow instructions for the pot)
- Put about two tablespoons of oil depending on how much chocolate you are going to melt
- Put in about a cup and a half of chocolate
- Let the chocolate melt, make sure it does not get too watery, keep it at a semi-thick consistency or if it seems too dry add more oil
- Put about half a cup of almonds into a bowl and crush them, then insert the shredded coconut and mix them in the bowl together
- Dip the strawberries into the chocolate, let them drip off a bit, so it does not make a mess
- Then dip the strawberries into the crushed almonds and coconuts
- On a large plate covered with the Glad
Press’nSeal Food Plastic Wrap place the strawberries down to dry
- Repeat with as many strawberries as you’d like
- Once done put them in the refrigerator, they will be ready after 10 minutes
A Few More Tips
- You can also use white chocolate to dip the strawberries, from my experience those look nice but the regular chocolate tastes the best
- You can also melt other colored chocolates for a variety of designs
- Add sprinkles to make them look nice – for this, it is best to sprinkle them on immediately after you dip the strawberries
- If you want to put larger sprinkles on, sometimes putting them on the strawberry one by one will look better despite it being time-consuming
- The almonds and coconut in the recipe above are optional, but I have found they are everyone’s favorite
- Try to eat them within the day you make them, they taste better when they are fresh – so do not make them days in advance
- An easier alternative is to melt the chocolate, dip them and eat them right away, then it won’t matter how they look – date night idea
- If you are making them for a special occasion and it is your first time, make a practice batch a few days in advance to perfect your recipe and technique
Learning how to make chocolate covered strawberries is one of the best things I did for my relationship. I make these on special occasions, holidays, and whenever my wife is in need of a special pick me up. She truly appreciates the effort it takes to make them.
So if you are ready to step up your romantic game – make the love of your life some of these chocolate covered strawberries tonight. If you have any questions about how to make them, ask your questions in the comments below. Or you can always find us on Not A Power Couple Facebook.
Thanks for reading! Good luck! If you do end up making them, let me know how it goes.
**Do you want to know how I impressed my wife last Valentine’s Day? Click here to learn how we celebrated, it has loads of tips on what to do: Valentine’s Day 2019 for a New Mom: 7 Steps to Make it Unforgettable